Proyecto Educativo Trujillo
Our goal is to place children (3 to 15 years old) in public schools to eliminate the rate of illiteracy and the gap of social inequality.
The school is implementing aid programs in the areas of education, child labor, health, nutrition and family planning. We work with the most vulnerable groups regardless of race, religion or social status. Volunteers are free to choose in which field they want to participate, according to their skills, experiences and interests.
Pueden visitar la pagina de Facebbok https://www.facebook.com/ONG.HiloRojo.TRUJILLO
Están todos invitados a visitar les aseguramos que sera una de sus mejores experiencias !!!
There are different roles available for volunteers:
1) Teaching and helping out at the project in the morning
There are 3 classes: the class of 3 year old kids, 4-5 year old kids, and the class of 6 year old and above.
You can choose where you would like to help. You don't need to be a professional teacher, but you need loads of love towards the kids, they are going to return it to you. You don't need to be fluent in Spanish but you need basic language to be able to communicate with them. You are not going to be left alone with a whole class, but it is good if you can take the initiative and bring your ideas what and how you would want to teach to the kids.
We are currently working on specific timetables and curriculum. The main focus here will be reading and writing, mathematics and English. The minimum commitment of this job is two weeks.
2) Helping out at the project at afternoon
Here you will support the kids with their homework and their material they learnt at the public school or at our project. The minimum commitment of this job is two weeks.
3) Teaching English at the public school
We are looking for volunteers who would teach English in a public school for mostly beginners. You would mostly teach a whole class with one or two other volunteers. You also need basic Spanish for this one. The minimum commitment for this job is 1 month.
4) We are also looking for volunteers who would host workshops sharing their skills in:
Music, instruments, sport, arts, practical skills etc...
If you apply for this one please specify which skill you would want to do.
5) We are currently looking for someone who would set up an online campaign for being able to receive international donations. This would require choosing and registering an online platform for donations, setting up the profile with texts, pictures etc.
6) We are also looking for a physiotherapist who can help children with special attention.
Please let us know which role you would like to apply for and when you would be available, so we can organize ourselves. We would be happy to have you in our team!