VOLUNTEERING AND INTERSHIP CAMPAIGN (VIC)
Nepal / Cooperación al desarrollo
You'll reach your destination in Kathmandu, the country's capital of Nepal, get all the information you need for your stay, get involved in this beautiful culture, and be able to exchange rewarding experiences with personal and professional social work activities in local communities.
You'll reach your destination in Kathmandu, the country's capital of Nepal, get all the information you need for your stay, get involved in this beautiful culture, and be able to exchange rewarding experiences with personal and professional social work activities in local communities. Enriches Nepal community and you will be enriched too!
About VIC Nepal:
VIC Nepal is a Volunteering and Internship Campaign in Nepal for solidarity tourist, run by CCN (Campaign for Change-Nepal) a non-profit organization that develops projects in areas of education, community development, environment and conservation, community and social changes in Nepal.
CCN is establishing in 2005, working with Nepalese volunteers and it has been sending, hosting and mobilizing European volunteers and Nepalese Interns since 2008. After these great experiences, volunteers and Nepalese intern’s feedbacks, demands of Nepalese community and suggestions of different European organisations and friends, CCN is launching this VIC program in Nepal.
The VIC program is committed to the professional and personal development of its volunteers and interns. CCN staffs provide a personal attention to the volunteers and interns while and after de program, providing a rewarding professional training and a valuable personal exiting experience which can lead in a professional reference. CCN believes that it´s VIC programs provide a good way for people to become aware of their future career path and needs in different professional areas like social workers, university professors, teachers, lawyers, medical doctors, journalist, artist, volunteers, and intern.
The main of these trips for CCN is to allow a relationship between the community and its visitors from an intercultural perspective, enabling a direct interaction with communities and participation in specific voluntary actions that enriches the local community while the travellers will be enriched too. In this way, VIC Nepal provides a great opportunity to volunteers and interns from all around the world to visit and experience life in Nepal. It gives the experience of working with Nepalese communities who support different cultural activities, gaining wider knowledge and an exciting experience. VIC Nepal is also involved in supporting and improving the education of some of the most underprivileged children of the country by awarding scholarships for primary and secondary education.
VIC Nepal also believes it is important to support the children´s personal development and self system esteem. Communities are encouraged to strengthen their organizational capabilities through the support of Volunteerisms and Internship program.
The VIC trip arise a stay with a local family, experiencing the local Nepalese culture and food. This offers a great opportunity for travellers who want to get a complete immersion in a country, get to know the real local Nepalese culture, the daily life of its population, get use to their mores and learn their language.
During the journey the participant will be involve in social local work groups in a wide range of activities, among schools and different communities. Providing at first, some visits that will allow you to know more about the social problems in Nepal and be able to help and cooperate with the development of these communities. Of course, solidarity travellers will also have the opportunity to make tours in this beautiful country, through its nature and rich culture. Having the opportunity to visit some touristic interest points in Kathmandu valley and others very charming places that only local people know.
Who can participate?
This program is open to all persons over 18 years, there is no "selection" of participants, as we believe that the motivation of doing a solidarity travel and wanting to get to know our culture, are the main reasons for participating in VIC program. Although, we would like to have an online interview for get to know which are the abilities and interests for the volunteering activities. In this way, we invited to participate in this program people of all ages, having groups of young, adults and retired people.
The solidarity activities will be subject according to the preferences of each participant, having a practical medium level for who have non experience in volunteering and another professional level for those with more experiences. At the end of the voluntary activity, the solidarity traveller would receive from CCN a certification and/or an appreciation letter, according to what is the volunteer preference. As we are willing to help you as a professional reference if you lead this experience in a professional career.
How to participate?
If you are interested in this program and want to book a place, please click "Join as volunteer" Remember to send a short letter of motivation in English, where we can see what are your main interests and capacities as a solidarity traveller. Once we receive the application, we will contact you for formalizing your enrolment in VIC program, and explain you the process upcoming.
Upon, we will do the selection and inform you about the details of your trip with the necessary documentation that we need for beginning the organization process.
- Duration Journey period: from 7 days to 150 days per annum. 1-2 weeks 1-3 months 2-4 weeks 3-7 months
- Accommodation/meals The hosting will be a family house, where the VIC participants will have an independent room, which may be shared by two/three volunteers. The family will provide a common room and the meals of the day while they are staying in the house.
- Activities Community Development, Education, Women´s Rights, Arts, Sexual Health, Elderly Care, Childcare, Orphan Care, Performing teaching, Environment, Agriculture, etc. You can always ask questions about the individual program you are interested in. If you are looking for something very particular, VIC Nepal may be able to direct you towards the opportunities that available at the moment in Nepal.
Price Program Budget
- 1-2 weeks (300€)
- 3 weeks- 4 weeks (500 €)
- 2 months (900 €)
- 3 or More than 3 months (Each month: 425 €)
Budget can be changed as per the incensement of local market price.
The budget includes:
- Meals in the house
- Transport form and to airport by public transport
- Mentor in Kathmandu Valley
- Basic Nepalese language classes
- Wi-Fi Internet in office and Mobile sim-card
The budget not includes:
- Air fares to and from Kathmandu
- Excursions and local transports
- Visa Cost
- Medical insurance
- Phone recharge cost
- All other expenses not specified in the program
- Why Volunteer and Internship Campaign in Nepal? Volunteering and Internship Campaign (VIC) in Nepal can really be a meaningful experience. It is your chance to learn about a new culture and contribute to the society's success. You can bring educational opportunities to young people in rural places or give hope and care to those in urban living. Experiencing Nepal can give you the assurance that you will not just be improving the lives of the people you are serving, but improving your own personal skills as well.
- Do I need to be a citizen of a specific country to volunteer? No. Every person in the world can participate in a project in VIC-Nepal.
- Is there a requirement? Any person, who are 18 years old and above can be volunteer or intern, provided that you are in good health.
- Will the VIC team provide me financial support? Unfortunately, No. You will need to support yourself in your chosen volunteering or internship program.
- Do I need vaccinations before entering Nepal? What other medications should I bring? There is no required any immunizations to enter in the country, only If you will come from a country infected with the yellow fever, it is necessary to be vaccinated prior to entering Nepal. Though, it is recommended to have vaccines for Diphtheria, Hepatitis A and B, Japanese B Encephalitis, Polio, Rabies, Tetanus and Typhoid.
- What is the climate in Nepal? The climate depends on the location. The northern part is much colder and the southern part is warmer. So if you will volunteer near the north, you should bring warm clothes.
Do you think there is something missing in our guide? Contact us and let us know! We want to make sure our information is relevant and update.