Community Hospital in Quito
Ecuador / Ayuda humanitaria
This is a public Health Care Center which gives its services to the population who does not have enough economic resources for them to pay for the medical services in a private Hospital.
This Health Care Center counts with the following areas: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emergencies, Pediatrics, General Medicine, Community Medicine, Vaccination and they also count with a Dental Care Center. Everyday this Health Care Center gives attention to approximately 300 persons every day. At this Health Care Center there are 18 doctors that give attention to the patients in the out patients clinic.
Moreover, this health center works with schools and day care centers from the area by making campaigns the area of vaccination and they also make dental cleaning treatments to the kids.
- Help in the application of injections.
- Fulfill the medical file of the patients and the medical prescriptions.
- General checkup to the patients (blood pressure, measuring body temperature, check of the weight).
- To help by cleaning and suturing minor surgeries.
- To give help in the medical brigades and to give support to the children as well as to the families from kids who suffer of malnutrition.
- To help in the vaccination campaigns against the hepatitis, measles, and chickenpox