VOLUNTEER WORK IN A CENTER FOR PERSONS WTH SPECIAL NEEDS
Ecuador / Ayuda humanitaria
This is a foundation that helps disabled people in Ecuador. The workers are very concerned with their clients and work on a small scale but in a professional way.
The foundation works for disabled people because they belong to the most vulnerable groups in Ecuadoran society. Since the government puts very little money into developing social services, labor and social integration are almost impossible for people with disabilities. One of the consequences is that almost all disabled people are poor.
- Volunteers can help by assisting with the occupational therapy
- Volunteers can help in the area of social work
- Volunteers can help in the different therapies
- Volunteers can help in the area of Psychology
- Volunteers can help into the different workshops